A Positive Compliance Analyst Wanted! The world has changed drastically since the Covid-19 outbreak. So there has never been a better time to invest in your future by learning new skills and improving the skills you already have. A virtual internship is a new and exciting way to jumpstart your career. We know that interns (we call them Teammates) aren’t burdens, coffee fetchers, or file cleaners; our Teammates receive high-level, impactful projects to help us grow while the Teammate grows. We want you to be part of something significant and know that what you do is essential and appreciated. In addition, as a team set on helping people, we want your input and insight on growing our organization. Join our supportive team and expand your skills and portfolio in a relaxed, virtual environment.
About Positive Masculinity:
With over 30 years in gender education combined, Co-Founders Mac Scotty McGregor and Drew Griffin started Positive Masculinity for heart-led masculine folks who want to create a transformative path for masculinity in our world. Our ultimate goal is to thrive on being our best possible selves. We offer private groups and workshops that provide a safe space to address how societal expectations and conditioning have affected us; as we strive to create a masculine model that is healthy and mutually supportive. To learn more, please go to https://www.positivemasculinitynow.org/about-us to read more about Mac and the team’s stories.
● Positive Masculinity is a Non-profit company (NPO), so the compliance analyst will review current regulations on NPOs and our current procedures to ensure that we are strictly adhering to regulations and can retain our 501(c)(3) status.
● Assist in creating and implementing compliance policies for Positive Masculinity.
● Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Department and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct through existing channels for investigation and resolution.
● Develop and oversee a system for handling any compliance violations found during the evaluation process.
● Stay up-to-date with compliance requirements and amendments to regulations.
● Prepare and promptly submit accurate compliance reports required by investors, funders, and regulatory bodies.
● Collaborate with all departments to ensure all shared risks are effectively managed.
● Conduct audits following agency policy to ensure compliance with state, federal, city, and program requirements.
● Attend team meetings and senior meetings as required.
● Inquisitive and able to conduct research and analysis.
● Enthusiastic, leaving no problem unsolved.
● An independent thinker, personable and adaptable to project changes and priorities, and can handle multiple projects.
● Adaptable to changes in projects and priorities and can handle multiple projects.
● An individual with a background in the insurance industry or working in the Regulatory Compliance Department for a primary insurance carrier.
● Able to research regulatory issues within the non-profit organization charitable sector.
● Exceptional with written communication
● Expert in verbal and written communication, email etiquette, the Internet, and MS Office.
● Highly motivated, detail-oriented, reliable, and organized.
● Able to work independently with minimum supervision and attend video conferencing meetings whenever needed.
● Enthusiastic and grateful to have the opportunity to work with us!
● Tech-savvy and owning a computer with reliable access to an Internet connection.
● Excellent verbal and written communication, email etiquette, the Internet, and MS Office.
YOU WILL BENEFIT BY:
● Attaining high-level skills and experience will help you increase your earning potential, reach your career goals, and find more rewarding jobs. ● Receiving mentoring on your LinkedIn Profile (and thus, your resume), interviewing skills and professional goals, and how to manage your career. ● Building your professional portfolio.
● Participating in collaboration sessions with our Teammates and team leadership.
● Being exposed to the behind-the-scenes of a one-of-a-kind start-up organization.
● Gaining access to various training materials on gender education and other topics worth thousands of dollars. You will also have opportunities to work with seasoned mentoring professionals Mac McGregor, Andy Cargile, and Super Julie Braun.
● Receiving a top-notch letter of recommendation and referrals from our Employment Verification team upon completing your 200-hour internship. In addition, we will gladly help you arrange for academic credit if needed.
Working in a virtual/remote opportunity means you don’t have to deal with traffic or sit in a stuffy office! Instead, you can work in a comfortable environment that provides a reliable and secure internet connection to attend meetings and video conferences.
As a virtual company, we use video conferencing application(s) as our primary form of communication. You must have a video conferencing program(s) on your laptop or desktop to participate fully in meetings and training sessions. Our team meetings, one-on-one meetings, and training sessions often require team members to turn on their video cameras, share their screens, and interact with other team members.
NOTE: Your cell phone should be separate from your primary source of working on assignments or attending meetings.
Immediately! Our internships are 200 hours. Each Teammate is required to work 10 hours a week. If you work the minimum hours (10 hours per week), completing your internship will take 20 weeks.
This is an unpaid virtual internship, but the experience and connections you will get for your professional portfolio, and LinkedIn profile are priceless!