The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 27,000 refugees from 50 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 1,000 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 2,500 refugees and asylees.
SCOPE OF VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT INTERN WORK:
This internship is located within the Resource Development Department, whose purpose is to establish strong, mutually-beneficial connections between the community and the IRC in Atlanta in order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for clients. The Volunteer Management Intern will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator and Community Engagement Coordinator towards these goals in order to enhance the IRC in Atlanta’s ability to meet client needs. This position is an unpaid internship and requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months.
- Help recruit volunteers, interns, and Americorps members;
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator in maintaining accurate, up-to-date data across pertinent databases;
- Record and analyze program data pertaining to volunteers, interns, and Americorps members;
- Compile and post volunteer descriptions as needed;
- Provide direct service to clients as needed by the Resource Development team;
- Assist with Resource Development needs including community engagement, external communications, and fundraising;
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs.
- An interest in international affairs and refugee/immigrant issues;
- Effective communication and writing skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects;
- A strong desire to help people and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- Time management
This position reports to the Volunteer Coordinator.