Sr. Research Associate I – Formulation & Process Development:
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in our Formulation & Process Development group at our Headquarters in Foster City, CA. We are seeking motivated, team-oriented individuals with scientific experience with lab work related to small molecules.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- The candidate will support activities for preclinical and clinical projects and work in highly collaborative cross-functional teams.
- Under close supervision, perform procedures, trials and experiments that support research and development projects.
- Operates scientific equipment, selects appropriate methods and techniques to perform analyses, and prepares related reports.
- Uses established data, reports and previous results to identify inappropriate variances and concerns and reports inconsistent results to supervisor.
- Depending on level of experience may plan and organize details of experiments with guidance.
- May present data or prepare information for others to present.
- Works closely with immediate supervisor on problems that may be of moderate complexity.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and research strategy.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently on assigned tasks, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- 2+ years’ industry experience with BS degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry or related scientific discipline.
- 0-2 years’ industry experience with MS degree in related scientific discipline.