Sr. Associate Scientist – Formulation & Process Development:
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in our Formulation & Process Development group at our Headquarters in Foster City, CA. We are seeking motivated, team-oriented individuals with scientific experience with lab work related to small molecules.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Works independently and determines methods and techniques on new or difficult assignments related to discovery research, formulation and process development, and clinical product manufacturing.
- Designs new experiments to support development of drug substances and drug products or techniques to test such substances.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires comprehensive evaluation of many factors.
- Interacts with contract manufacturing site to resolve issues related to scalability and other matters of similar complexity.
- Works cross-functionally with process development to develop scalability plans.
- Authors reports and contributes to regulatory submissions (IND, IMPD, NDA, etc.)
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 11+ years’ industry experience with BS degree in related scientific discipline or 9+ years’ industry experience with MS degree in related scientific discipline.
- Degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or a related scientific discipline and relevant industry experience that demonstrates an expertise in formulation process development and sustained excellence in performance and accomplishments that align to company goals.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and research strategy.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com. Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.