Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute test methods and protocols in the evaluation of medical devices, components, and materials.
- Able to read and comprehend company procedures, packaging specifications and drawings, industry test methods, technical literature.
- Able to work with vendors to design and fabricate custom test fixtures as necessary
- Able to seek out information from external sources in order to expand knowledge base.
- Able to organize and clearly write technical reports, and to communicate well with individuals at all levels of the organization, and with customers.
- Able to program and use computer controlled laboratory equipment.
- Assist with testing equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Maintain a clean testing center
- Bachelors degree in Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of ASTM, ISTA, and ISO package performance test methods, preferred
- Knowledge of vibration, shock and compression test theory and equipment preferred
- Knowledge of bubble emission and seal strength testing.
- Basic understanding of good laboratory practices.