Responsible for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and programs to ensure the Environment Health, Safety, and Sustainability (EHS&S) compliance of the CRL Kansas facility.
Collaborate on the development and support rollout of corporate programs as related to implementation in Kansas. Lead and manage KAN EHS&S audits in collaboration with site management.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures targeted toward increasing the safety and protection of the environment for the Kansas aggregate businesses including Safety Assessment and Biologics. Ensure facility compliance with applicable environment health and safety regulations.
- Implement site audit program of the EHS&S compliance of the site, track and report status of corrective actions, and alerting senior management to developing problems where intervention or oversight is required.
- Participate in site leadership as a member of the Leadership Team and conduct reviews at appropriate intervals with facility senior management.
- Consult with management and employees on Federal, State, and Local regulatory compliance related issues. Work with facility management to ensure proper training programs are established with regards to environmental and health and safety compliance.
- Responsible for timely submission of environmental reports and permits to US, KS, and Regional regulatory agencies.
- Work with Leadership and Site/Global Procurement to develop cost savings initiatives to ensure business continuity and best in class service pricing.
- Provide lead support and formal response to EHS agency inspections conducted by US and KS regulatory bodies (e.g., OSHA, MA DEP).
- Manage moderate size capital infrastructure projects from inception to completion including regulated areas such as DEA, NRC, MA DEP, etc.
- Develop program budgets and schedules in support of EHS&S initiatives including platform tools (e.g. Enablon).
- Monitor and drive progress of EHS&S projects and programs, maintaining budgets and schedules.
- Lead the selection process for hiring third party service firms, evaluating proposals, conducting interviews and making recommendations to senior management, in partnership with Procurement and Management
- Provide supervision and development of EHS Site staff. Ensure appropriate communication takes place around EHS issues.
- Consult with Corporate Engineering, Company management and workplace staff to identify and resolve potential EHS&S issues through engineering design changes or other means necessary, such as Facilities controls, JHA job hazard analysis.
- Clarify, define, and assist in enforcement and application of Agency and Company policies and practices.
- Support and affirm the Company policy of Equal Opportunity through Affirmative Action.
- Partner with site leadership to address audit findings from clients, regulatory agencies, or internal CRL audits.
- Provide EHS&S training to staff and contractors including OEB, SOP, and EHS&S policy training
- Manage worker’s compensation process.
- First Aid Administration.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
⦁ Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a life science (biology, chemistry), environmental engineering, or related discipline.
⦁ Experience: Seven to ten years related experience.
⦁ An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
⦁ Certification/Licensure: None.
⦁ Other: Sound working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and government regulatory requirements and guidelines. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Project. In- depth knowledge of environment, health and safety regulations required. Ability to communicate and influence senior management on EHS compliance initiatives.
The pay range for this position is $105,000 – $125,000/year. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.