Do you want to work with a top-notch team and be part of a growing, passionate, and forward-thinking company? Athena is a woman-owned and women-led business looking for college students and recent graduates for our internship program.
We are a professional services company that specializes in program management, marketing and communications, and strategy. By leveraging diverse talent and expertise, we devise strategies, craft campaigns, activate experiences, and optimize operations to connect our clients with their audiences. Athena brings an artful mix of creativity and facts-based insight to make complex matters engaging, memorable, and impactful.
We are looking for a creative writer with a keen eye for detail and the ability to thrive under pressure. The creative writer will be constructing copy, both long and short-form, for a number of different audiences. You must be able to work well on your own and as part of a team. Any changes suggested by our editors should be timeously implemented. The creative writer should know how to strike a balance between quality and quantity.
To be successful as a creative writer, you should constantly strive to hone your skills and view any feedback session as a learning opportunity. An outstanding creative writer should read widely and be comfortable sharing their work. You should also be able to follow both written and verbal briefs and be able to meet deadlines.
Creative Writer Responsibilities:
· Conducting research before and during the writing process.
· Preparing material for assignments, which includes planning, outline, and synopsis.
· Conducting thorough fact-checks before submitting any work.
· Ensuring the logical flow of all writing produced.
· Attending feedback sessions and making revisions suggested by the client, publisher or editors.
· Attending training sessions and workshops as required.
Creative Writer Requirements:
· A degree in writing, communication, language, marketing, or similar.
· Evidence of writing experience (links to published work would be advantageous).
· Critical reading and thinking skills.
· An interest in current events and a general thirst for knowledge.
· Resilience and the ability to accept constructive feedback.
· Basic computer skills.
· A growth mindset.
Our paid intern program runs three times per year for nine weeks each. Candidates should be prepared to work in person 15-20 hours a week, preferably on a consistent schedule.
Athena is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at 866.299.6040 or at AthenaGlobalAdvisors.com.